Sunday, January 25, 2009

You're So Money And You Don't Even Know It


I finally got around to seeing Swingers, and I have to say I can see why it has its devoted following. It's a great movie. It's not a Comedy that makes you hurt laughing, but it is engaging and smart. It's got that "let's go out and make shit happen" momentum that makes me wish I watched it Friday night instead of Sunday. It's funny how movies have that effect on me from time to time.

Apparently it took only Jon Favreau 2 weeks to write and all the key characters were modeled after his friends, who would go on to play them. Also, it introduced the dating context of the term "Wingman" to the social lexicon. Pretty cool shit.

Note: Be careful to specify more than just "Swingers" when you do a Google Search for the Image above.

No comments: