Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sixburgh, Baby

I could write a long-winded, ecstatic post in celebration of my Steelers winning a record-setting 6th franchise Super Bowl, but to be honest, it wouldn't measure up to what I felt circa 2.5 hours ago.

What I will say is that it was incredible game and I managed to have 8 people who were pulling for the Cardinals over at my apartment and not maim anyone. And the following links:

The best part of The Boss' Super Bowl half time show - the unexpected shoving of his package into the camera lens. It's no wardrobe malfunction, but hey, it gives us something to talk about.

Will Leitch, Editor Emeritus of Deadspin and noted Cardinals fan, wrote a nice piece summing up his feelings on the game. It puts a good spin on the franchises' continuing quest for a championship.

My post for Onward State - a petition for the Eagles fans to pull for the Stillers. I'm not sure if it swayed anyone, especially considering all my friends would have gleefully seen Pittsburgh fall at the very adept hands of Larry Fitzgerald.

Hopefully this will be a nice appetizer for the inevitable Collegian riot story tomorrow morning.

Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go.

No comments: