Saturday, June 21, 2008

MTV and Harmonix Gave Me A Birthday Gift Whether They Knew It Or Not

From IGN:
June 20, 2008 - MTV and Harmonix announced today that three tracks from Weezer's newly released Red Album will be made available for download in Rock Band on June 24 on Xbox Live and June 26 the PlayStation Network. The list of songs includes "Dreamin," "The Greatest Man That Ever Lived," and "Troublemaker." The track pack will cost you $5.49 (440 Microsoft Points) when bought as a bundle and $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) for each individual song.

I've got to say, not only am I thrilled that Rock Band (the game in my collection that is second only to Halo 3) has allowed me to sing and play along with Weezer's hits "Say It Ain't So," "El Scorcho," and "Buddy Holly" in the past, but that they pick my three of my favorite five songs off their new album.

The Red Album is comparably solid to other albums, and while it may wilt in the second half, I love it as much, if not more, than Maladroit. What better day for MTV and Harmonix to make an announcement that I can further integrate Weezer and Rock Band than my birthday? It will without doubt be worth the measly $5.49 I will hand over as soon as possible this coming Tuesday.

No comments: