Monday, June 30, 2008

This Just In: CHTV Short Makes Me Laugh


I've got to be honest with you - I didn't really like when Collegehumor started having it's staffers focus on video projects rather than writing articles themselves. It was a good business decision, as viral videos are the way of the internet these days, but I found so many faces on the site so much funnier when they were in print. Amir Blumenfeld, for example, I can't stand in the Jake and Amir videos my brother shits his pants (not litterally...yet) watching, but I used to look forward to his comedic writing.

Dan Guretwich (the "cool english teacher" in this sketch) was one of those people. However, I do have to give him credit - I recently discovered that he writes many of the scripts for these shorts, which in my limited comedy writing, I have found to be hard shit. Sure, I don't find many of CH's videos to be particularly worthy of my time (not to hate on Jake and Amir, but sometimes it seems like they're not even trying), but every once and awhile a video like this reminds me why I visit the site. It's hard work to be consistently funny on a regular basis, and the more regular exposure you get, the harder it is to please people - Will Ferrell has this problem with the more critical part of the moviegoing population. So enjoy this (old) episode of "Hardly Working" - I was one of many people who had the "cool" teacher and can say Dan nailed it.

No comments: